Monday, August 15, 2016

Poll: Your thoughts on the free Windows 10 upgrade

Before the offer for a free upgrade to Windows 10 ended on 28th July 2016 I asked in a poll what people are thinking about. Here's the result:

Windows 10 is free to upgrade until next July - your thoughts?

I already use Windows 10 25%
I will upgrade to Windows 10 until then 0%
I won't upgrade, will still use Windows 8(.1) 0%
I won't upgrade, will still use Windows 7 50%
I can't upgrade, I will still use Windows Vista 0%
I can't upgrade, I will still use Windows XP 0%
I don't care. I don't use Windows 25%

It could have been a better result with more votes, but it still gives the impression that there were people not willing to use the free upgrade. Windows 7 is still a stable system and still ok for a usual user? Why changing a running system.

That's why we still have a 47% market share of Windows 7 systems. At least Windows 10 could jump to 21% in July - most likely due to the free upgrade possibilty...

No comments:

Post a Comment